In advance of the People Vs. Fossil Fuels week of action, October 11-15, 2021, several groups actively resisting fossil fuel pollution and fighting for restorative social justice unifed around common demands to the Biden Administration. We are the Carrizo-Comecrudo Tribal Nation, Port Arthur Community Action Network, Austin Sierra Club, Extinction Rebellion, Coalition Against Pipelines, Clean Energy Now Texas, and the South Texas Human Rights Center.
Here are our Carrizo-Comecrudo Tribal Nation and Texas Demands. Click here to endorse these demands whether you are in our region or not.
In addition, our region has two further demands. Because of the racist, regressive, and oppressive nature of laws passed by the Texas State Legislature and signed into law by Governor Greg Abbott, our organizations have Demands #3 and #4 directed to Biden and Congress to overturn those unconstitutional laws.
DEMAND #1 President Biden must declare a national climate emergency and halt the construction of oil and gas pipelines, ban fossil fuels exports, and stop fossil fuels, coal, and plastics projects.
DEMAND #2 President Biden must boldly build restorative justice and an equitable, community-controlled, renewable energy transition.
President Biden must direct US-Army Corps of Engineers (ACE), Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC), Maritime Administration (MARAD), and Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) to stop the Texas Fossil Fuels Emergency. Stop this:
- Coal plants and coal ash pollution
- Failed Electric Grid
- Native Ancestral Lands Damaged or Destroyed
- Border Wall where they want to hide Next Decade greenwashed pipeline
- Fracking in the Permian Basin in West Texas, Eagle Ford Shale in South Texas, Barnett Shale in North Texas, and Oklahoma Shales
- Destructive Oil, Gas, and Plastics Buildout on the Gulf Coast proposed by Enbridge, Blue Marlin, Sempra’s Port Arthur LNG, Exxon Sabic, Max Midstream, Next Decade LNG, Texas LNG, SPOT, Gulflink, Cheniere and others including the Desal Projects they want for industrial use of water
- Abandoned and Uncapped Wells & Other Infrastructure
- Dangerous Pipelines including Rio Bravo, Whistler, Valley Crossing, Kinder Morgan, Echo 3, Epic and others
- SpaceEx Industrialization of South Padre
- Offshore leasing in federal waters where oil spills in strengthened hurricanes can ruin the Gulf environment
- Leaking Storage Tanks and Transfer Stations
- False Solutions like Hydrogen and Carbon Capture
- Companies grabbing oil and gas mineral rights from private property owners who don’t want to develo
DEMAND #3 Congress must pass legislation to protect voters from state racist voter suppression laws and gerrymandering.
DEMAND #4 Biden must stop infiltration and entrapment activities and overturn, by Executive Action, the unconstitutional anti-protest, anti-free speech laws.